Sunday, June 10, 2012

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream"-CS Lewis

Two weeks ago I invited you to join me in participating in a 5k or 10k race, and I am so happy to have the opportunity to train with Lisa, Alicia, Ashley who have confirmed that they are registered to join me for the Oasis Zoo Run. There are still spots available, so if you are also interested in joining us for the run then register as soon as you can and message me for further training details. I know some of you are sitting on the fence, unsure of whether you would like to join us or not. I hope that you do decide to participate. The training plan we will be following offers both a walk/run option only or a walk/run option that will progress to straight running. Even if you have never run before, you will be fully prepared to complete a 10k race in 13 weeks! The big event takes place at The Toronto Zoo on Saturday September 22nd, 2012.

We will be meeting once/week to run as a group and have committed to running at least 2 times/week on our own (or with a partner) so that we can build up our strength and endurance to complete the run on race day.

Cross training is also an essential part of a healthy runners training plan so information, suppport and exercises will be shared with the group through our facebook page to keep everyone healthy and injury free!

I hope you follow along with our prorgress as we work towards our goal, and I invite you to share with us what goals you are woking on so that we can help motivate and support each other to get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment