Monday, June 10, 2013

Eat a rainbow everyday. Nutritional Tip Summer 2013 Fitness Challenge

It was a little wet and dreary out this morning, but I was so pleased to see that some of you were able to brave the rain.  We found a sweet little spot that provided us with plenty of coverage to keep us warm & dry.

As I look out my window this afternoon, the sun is trying to peek through the cloud cover.  I don't see any rainbows outside, but I plan on making one today for my lunch!

Special thanks to Your Green Baby for this weeks tip and recipe:)

Eat a rainbow every day. Include fruits and vegetables of different colours to get the maximum benefit of phytonutrients.

Recipe
Meal Sized Salad

Layer spinach, chopped red cabbage, grated carrot, grated beet, sliced avocado, cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with pumpkin and hemp seeds, add a tablespoon or two of hummus on the side, a pickle and a little sauerkraut. Add dressing and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment