Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sweet & Scrumptious: No bake cookie bites

I have a sweet tooth, and I love chocolate.  I also love peanut butter.  Put those two ingredients together in a dish for me and I am in heaven.  I was pretty jazzed a few weeks ago when a wonderful client introduced me to her no bake cookie bites.  These delicious treats will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, if you have one, but are healthy to boot!

She was gracious enough to indulge me with my own personal stash today (they have been consumed between myself and the boys) along with the recipe, which I will share here!

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup oats
  • 1/2 cup of nut butter
  • 1/2 cup of flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup cacao nibs
  • 1/3 cup nuts or seeds
  • 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
  • 1 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Stir to combine all ingredients.  Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.  Roll into small balls and store in refrigerator.  If too wet or dry add more oats or nut butter as needed.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment