Saturday, November 3, 2012

FITMOM Durham's Motivated Monday

Hi Mavens

Welcome to the start of another great week!

This weekend I had the opportunity to take part in Tommy Europe's "Shred It" Bootcamp in Toronto.  I first learned of Tommy via the Slice Channel when nursing Ben & Jakob in the middle of the night. In his two shows (The last 10lbs Bootcamp & Bulging Brides) he comes off as intense and a little scary.  Thankfully, in real life, he is alot nicer.
Jen & Tommy @Shred It Bootcamp

I was joined by two FITMOM members, Vicki & Sarah. The bootcamp was  a challenging, fun and positive experience for the three of us. We spent the hour squatting, lifting and lowering our bodies and challenging our core.  Not one hand weight was present, or necessary and I will definitely feel the intensity of this workout tomorrow, and even MORE on Monday :)

At some point during all of the lifting, jumping, squatting and core work I took a moment to pause and reflect on the experience. My first thought was how great it felt to push myself and experience what my body was capable of.    Sure, there were moments when I had to stop and take a rest, to catch my breath or modify the exercises that were presented, but it felt so good to challenge myself and see what I was capable of.

So this week, I encourage you to push yourself and see what you are made of.   Instead of stopping your workout when you normally do, go for a little longer.  Run a little farther or walk faster. Add 10 more reps to your set or try a new exercise.  I am sure you will be surprised by what your body can do. 



Post workout status: Still Standing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment