Monday, August 17, 2015

Last week my family had a wonderful and active holiday in beautiful Bancroft.

Not one to rest on my haunches for too long, I was very active enjoying the beautiful outdoors all week long.

We look pretty relaxed in this photo, but we were walking at a clip!
I started each day with a 5k walk along the cottage road listening to the birds and crickets and spotting a deer and a fawn along the path.   On some occasions the kids joined me for my walk, but I often went out on my own and took the opportunity to recharge and connect with nature every day. In fact, I made it a point to leave my devices behind and walk with no music, or GPS tracking to map my distance- a big change from previous years.  Over the weekend my sister and law and a friend joined me. Here's a selfie we took :)

Doing some resistance work on the deck!  I had a great view of the lake.


After my walks I would do a mini circuit with the resistance band I packed, the only equipment I ever take with me when I travel.

This lovely sequence was topped off daily with a swim in the lake to cool off and hang out with the boys. 



Not the best picture, but proof we were on the lake!
We also rented some kayaks to play with this summer and I have found that I really love this sport.  It is physical and challenging at times, but to be connected so closely to the water was amazing.  It was also great to see my oldest son enjoy the freedom of the kayak. He was a natural in the water and we would often head out for some time alone to explore the nooks and crannies of our lake.





Swimming was a great way to recover from all of the hard work of paddling.  I just had to share this photo of my youngest that my SIL captured.  I may have to frame it and hang it on the wall!  It's a keeper.
Ready for a swim!

Now it's back to work and back to our routine.  I am so glad that we all had such a fun holiday connecting as a family and being active in the summer sun.  Expect a few exciting additions to the class schedule this fall and stay tuned for some exciting celebrations!






No comments:

Post a Comment