Monday, January 21, 2013

Group Fitness? Yeah Baby!

I have been teaching group fitness classes for over 10 years, but my love of group fitness started well before that. 

I was first introduced to this form of exercising when I participated in a Step class at the tender age of 16. I was hooked from the moment I first tapped my foot on the step. This class combined all the things I loved: music, dancing, and fitness and I haven't looked back! 

Over the years, I have taught a variety of classes and styles including step, spinning, bootcamps, high-low, boxfit, weight training for women and yoga.  Whether I am the partcipant or the instructor,  being a part of a group fitness class raises my spirits, increases my energy and keeps me working hard the entire time.  Still not convinced that group fitness is right for you? Maybe you will be after reading this!

Benefits of participating in a group fitness class:
  • Meet new people and foster a connection with your community.  This is especially important for new moms and moms2be.   Meet other women who share similar interests, and who can help keep you motivated and hold you accountable (they will notice if you are MIA)
  • Get inspired by your instructor.  The energy of a great instructor will set the tone of the workout and can encourage you along as you work towards your goals.
  • Let the music motivate you & pump you up. 
  • Enjoy the variety of a fitness class to avoid workout plateaus and banish boring workouts!
  • Experience Self Motivation.  You are likely you to work harder when you workout alongside someone else than if you are at home or on a piece of gym equipment.
  • More cost effective than hiring a personal trainer.
  • Learn something new.  Find new and fun ways to strengthen your body and incorporate these new exercises into your at home routine.
I know I am not alone out there.  Feel free to share your reasons for participating in a group fitness class :)





No comments:

Post a Comment